Ad-hoc employees call on HRDD, receive assurances “95% adhoc employees supported SKM, but remaining

Gangtok, 29 May: Executive members of the All Sikkim Ad-hoc and Temporary Employees Association called on officials at the Human Resource Development Department yesterday and discussed issues like service extension of SSA employees, appointment of four association leaders who were denied service extensions, the ongoing regularization process and “justice to employees under other departments too,” a press release informs.

“Officials were positive regarding our issues and solve our it as soon as the New Government instructs the department,” the release adds.

The release goes on to inform that the executive members have been receiving phone calls and messages regarding “hardship we had done for forming a new government and our dedication toward the adhoc problems without misleading the mass.”

The executive members have informed members that they don’t plan to pressurise the Department and will let it “work smoothly for proper formation of policies keeping in mind no one gets excluded from the rights and privilege the adhocs should get.”

It also adds that the executive members have no hard feelings against department officials or the police for the action taken against adhoc teachers during their protest earlier this year and states that the association believes that the officials acted on instructions received from Ministers and other powerful people above them.

“I request HRDD to kindly form the committee or reset/discuss with the committee that was formed previously to solve the issues keeping in view rules and regulations or obstacles that may hinder the adhocians dreams. I also request department to kindly issue orders to SSA and four leaders who were arrested, let’s not take small issues and make it a big one again. Hope to see some positive response from the Department,” the release issued by “Yogesh and all executive members” states.

The executive members have appealed to all adhoc teachers to stay and not get agitated and realize that resolution takes time.

It adds that some teachers who supported SDF and did not support the association were worried that their services will be terminated. In this regard, while stating that it was a fact that 95% of the adhoc teachers supported SKM, the interests of the remaining 5% will not be allowed to be hampered.