Will go to court if OFOJ circular is not withdrawn, threatens SDF

June 7, 2019

No violation of Model Code of Conduct, DoP under political pressure

GANGTOK, 06 Jun:

Sikkim Democratic Front today threatened to go to court if the Department of Personnel does not withdraw its recent circular on the One Family One Job scheme beneficiaries within one week. The department has misinterpreted the Model Code of Conduct norms under the pressure of the SKM government, the party has said.

It may be mentioned here that the Department of Personnel [DoP] issued a circular on 31 May asking the heads of all departments to submit a list of ‘One Family, One Job’  recruits who reported for duty after enforcement of Model Code of Conduct on 08 March. The circular states that many departments accepted the OFOJ candidates while the Model Code of Conduct was still in force in the State. It further stated that allowing candidates to report for duty during the Model Code of Conduct violates the norms of the Election Commission and the concerned department or officer would be liable to be penalised under the established norms of the Election Commission of India.

On the same, the DoP requested all Secretaries to immediately withhold and cancel the joining of all the candidates under OFOJ scheme along with those candidates appointed under temporary basis who have “reported for duty after the enforcement of Model Code of Conduct and list of such candidates along with their appointment orders may be forwarded to this department by June 10”.

Addressing a press conference here today, SDF spokesperson, MK Subbasaid that government works that have already started at ground level after receiving all administrative approval can continue during the MCC period as per the MCC guidelines.

There has been no violation of the MCC, Mr Subba said further adding that the department misinterpreted the MCC norms under the pressure of the SKM government and issued the circular. On the same, he added that the OFOJ candidates had been selected before the MCC came into force.

Mr Subba also assured the beneficiaries not to worry as the party will fight for them.

Likewise, SDF spokesperson, NeeruSewa mentioned that it was not the fault of the beneficiaries of the scheme but it was due to the delay of the departments on the appointment of the selected candidates. She added that OFOJ was a flagship programme of the SDF government to ensure at least one government job in every family of Sikkim.

SDF spokesperson AvinashYakha said that around 10,000 appointees under this scheme have become unemployed due to this DoP circular. He also alleged of political pressure on DoP in taking out this circular.

Mr Yakhaalso strongly criticised and condemned the recent incident that occurred in the State Assembly where unpleasant slogans were shouted against the former Chief Minister, PawanChamling from the visitor’s gallery.

SDF general secretary, KrishanKharel stated that SKM had also accepted this scheme and promised to regularise OFOJ jobs but after getting the people’s votes the SKM government is playing with the future of unemployed youth of Sikkim. Mr Kharel suggested that SKM fulfil its election promises and announcements instead of mowing down SDF and its programmes.

 

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Please reload