Namchi, 11 Aug (IPR):
After the recent launch of 'Gandagi Mukt Bharat’ by PM of India, Narendra Modi the Sikkip Block in South Sikkim has taken the initiative to follow its prescribed guidelines. 'Gandagi Mukt Bharat’ is a special week long campaign for Swachhata till Independence Day, this special week will feature special Swachhata initiatives in Urban and Rural India to re-enforce the Jan Andolan for Swachhata which is till 15 August.
Gandagi Mukt Bharat at Poklok-Nandugaon BAC
As a part of "Gandagi Mukt Bharat" campaign, a week long programme starting from 08 Aug to 15 August has been initiated by three GPUs namely Poklok-Denchung, Tinik Chisopani and Salghari. During these programs following activities shall be carried out:-
1. Collection and segregation and proper disposal of solid and liquid waste.
2. Management of Grey water from kitchen and bathroom by means of filtering using proper mechanism.
3. Writing dos and don'ts about covid19 on walls,
4. Proper management of CSCs by means of repairing/beautification,
5. Making people Aware of cleanliness by proper use of Household toilets/CSCs etc.
6. Conducting cleanliness drive of PHSCs/PHCs involving all the office functionaries
7. Plantation programme in different areas including water source, roadline areas etc.
8. Finally on 15 Aug, ODF free village will be declared by village head.