Webinar by Department of Sports and Youth Affairs
Gangtok, 04 Nov (IPR):
A webinar was conducted by Department of Sports and Youth Affairs on 03 Nov, 2020 wherein all the Officers from Head Office and Districts, PETs and Coaches attended the session. The Secretary, Department of Sports and Youth Affairs, Kuber Bhandari chaired the meeting and discussed various new schemes to be undertaken immediately. The following directions were given after the discussion with the stakeholders:
1. Gram Sabha - All Deputy Directors/ Assistant Directors/PETs to attend Gram Sabha for participation in Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP) and take up the matter for construction of grounds in Primary/Junior High School (JHS) and public places in convergence with MGNREGS.
2. Sports Club - To encourage club culture in the state and based on the announcement made by Honble Chief Minister to introduce sports club at every BAC level, directions has been given to District and BAC Officers to initiate formation of sports club and process for their registration.
3. Football Club Tournament at Rural Level - In order to encourage sporting club and footballers from rural level, it has been decided to organize inter club football tournament at rural level, which will be introduced soon. The concerned officials have been directed to prepare plan of action to create sports club for maximum participation of our youth and children. Fit India School Registration - Direction has been given to District and Block.
4. Officers to take initiative to encourage schools to register on Fit India Portal and organize Fit India week.
5. E-Pathshala - AIl PETs and Coaches were directed to take active part in sensitization of E-Pathshala i.e. online training courses and obtain Fit India certificate.
The meeting concluded with the vote of thanks proposed by Additional Director Sports and Youth Affairs, Doma T Bhutia.